Saturday, March 10, 2018

SIS (Smoldering, Immense, Shaft)

SIS (Smoldering, Immense, Shaft) written by: WeeKittyAndTAT

Summary: Bella is deaf and due to her disability, she is unable to do the one thing she's always wanted to do, follow in her father's footsteps and be a firefighter. Overcoming the hatefulness of several people, she works in the firehouse, but can she be the saving grace in a scary emergency situation?

Ramble: I know that this is at least the second time I am reading this story.  This is probably one of my favorite stories from one of my favorite author duo.  Maybe it is because of my childhood dream of being a firefighter?  Something about this story just pulls me right in.  I mean not only does it have fire fighting, and libraries, it also has mentions of ASL, which I think is one of the most beautiful languages I've come across so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment